Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Not Quite, but Almost.

As I suspected, I was disappointed with the kiln load.
(Really, or did I just expect to be?)
It kind of gets old always anticipating failure, so, I'm going to work on that.


These pots didn't come out too badly but I still want to work on perfecting them.
























There are five of these. I did them for the Houston Empty Bowl donation but the small art festival I hope to do comes up first. If I can sell them there the money will still go to charity, so I might try that first.


This one needs more working on. There's just something about it.





















I don't know what it is that I want out of my pottery. I just want it to be good. I like always striving to get better but I think I need to put some distance between opening the kiln and making hasty judgements.




wednesday notes:
i'm sick :( just a head cold but enough to put everything in 'poor me' mode. i think it was cleaning the kitchen yesterday. i knew that nothing good could come from housework ...
still recovering from opening the kiln. kind of feel a bit blah now. all that lead up and then, poof. like spending half the day cooking christmas dinner for it to be devoured inside fifteen minutes.
waiting for the iron man to come. our two big dogs peed on our wrought iron fence for ten years and rotted it away (take note if you ever want to break out of jail) so it needs replacing. the dogs both passed :( so this one should be safe. he was supposed to come yesterday but didn't show. this is his second chance. 



2 comments:

  1. Like your bowls. I like the platter too. Where are the other plates you showed earlier?
    Hope you feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the pottery! Great designs!

    I've added your blog to my dashboard so I can catch all your posts from now on!

    ReplyDelete