Tuesday, February 28, 2012

House and Cleaning.



I want to live in this house.


I want to sit on this porch.
























I want to cozy up and read on this bed.
























And, I want to make fabulous meals in this kitchen.
























Is that too much to ask?


All images taken from House Beautiful, here.
Photo credit, Victoria Pearson.


See the rest of my lovelies on my Pinterest board.




tuesday notes:
i just don't think i could keep that house clean! this distresses me. maybe i should just stop looking at the photo's and start living in my own house. i've always suffered from, the grass is always greener, syndrome, but the living through photographs thing is getting a bit ridiculous. damn you pinterest!!!
i have been sorting and purging, however. great feeling. i've almost finished with the upstairs 'clean' studio - which is clean now instead of pretending to be a storage area. it never really was very good at that. now it feels ready for the excitement of a new quilt design.
i've also cleaned out the pottery room.
it's so tidy now it looks boring.














































all i need to do now is the jewelry/painting area. that looks as though a bomb exploded in it.










































i scared myself this morning when i walked in there and realized that this is probably how the inside of my brain looks! they probably have a 'condition' named for this but the more i work, the more chaos i seem to create.
i read a comforting blog post this morning by jennifer mecca. it's good to know that i'm not the only one to struggle with my pottery and to also read that potters such as steven hill are turning to the electric kiln. i should check his website out more frequently, his electric fired pots are as good as his gas fired pots.
i have one of his mugs. love it!




















o.k. back to the studio ...



2 comments:

  1. Hi, stopping by from the Etsy Blog Team.

    Love your studios! Those first two are so neat, I was glad to see the messy one. I feel like like always make messes when I do anything at all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know. I'm plucking up courage to go in there to tidy up!

    ReplyDelete