Friday, January 6, 2012

Time to Lose some Weight!





















Yep, that must be it!


I did so well last year, (damn you Christmas!), but I refuse to feel blue - after all, it is a new year. 

It's a new dawn
It's a new day
It's a new life
For me
And I'm feeling good

I've been singing this every morning in the shower. Unbeknown to me these lyrics must be lurking inside as I'm singing them before I know what I'm doing. It's like I catch myself being happy, all on my own. Wow! Big difference to how I used to be. I blame the Voltaire plaque I have on my bathroom counter. I discovered I turn my head to the right each morning as I clean my teeth, and so I've put it there, right in the line of my vision,

'I've decided to be happy, because it's good for my health' - Voltaire.

Hard to ignore it really. Even when I'm not paying attention it's there burying itself into my subconscious. And I think it's working.

That and the drugs of course :)


Friday notes ...
one more cup of tea then out of bed. studio time. new oil paints. i feel excited about painting. new day to start paying attention. find a new song to sing in the shower (it's getting a bit boring now). eat better - the grilled cheese on toast was great but it's time to say goodbye to the fat. take one more step in the direction of the treadmill, you never know, maybe this time next week you might actually be able to get on it, oh, and stop pretending you can sing like Nina Simone, it's getting a bit embarrassing ...



No comments:

Post a Comment