Friday, January 13, 2012

Back to School.

I thought Christmas was over when the decorations came down but now I realize that I wasn't actually feeling it. The kids have just left for school, however. Packed up their respective cars and headed off on the eight hour road trip to the back of beyond where all their learning waits for them - and now I feel as though Christmas is over.

So, what to do now?

Over the course of the holiday I have been doing some of this,


















and, some of this,























and, a lot of this,


















but, other than that, not a whole lot really.

It takes me a little while to get back into the swing of things when the kids go back, and we still have family here from England, so I don't expect to be able to get back fully to all my goodies until at least another week, but I can't wait :)
I should have used this 'down' time for organizing. Rearranging all my stuff so that when I can get back to normality everything will be lovely and I will know where everything is and I will have thrown away all the old useless stuff, but, I didn't.

Still got a week though.


friday notes ...
relaxed. quiet. peaceful. relief. tired. willow back from the vets. making crab cakes and salad for dinner. reading catching fire, suzanne collins (enjoyable enough and an easy read.) love, what katie ate. want to take good photographs but not sure i have the patience. now thinking, why do i want to do everything? trying to stop pondering this question before it gets too overwhelming. not so relaxed anymore ....

1 comment:

  1. Thought I'd say Hello! I saw your blog on the Etsy Blog Team page, I'm a student myself and I never feel like Christmas is over till I go bak over to uni!

    A
    x

    ReplyDelete