Friday, November 4, 2011

I want to live in Canada - I think.

I have just finished reading, Louise Penny's, The Cruellest Month, and I'm pretty certain that I want to live in Canada. It's the second of her books that I've read, the first, Still Life, and this one, which I think is the third. I couldn't find the second at Heathrow when I was on my way back from visiting family and had to settle on skipping one, which makes me feel a little out of sorts, but I now have them all thanks to Amazon.

I have always enjoyed murder mysteries. P. D. James is my all time favourite, and I'm a bit worried that she is getting so old now - how many more can she write? I have read them all and I will be lost. Louise Penny's mysteries are less gruesome perhaps than James' but I am so enthralled by Three Pines and the characters that live there that I really don't care about the murder, just that there is one so I can visit again.

That said, I am a wimp when it comes to being cold. I know I'm from England where it can be bitterly cold but that doesn't mean I like it, and Canada is even more cold than London. It doesn't help that I've lived in Houston, TX for the past twenty odd years either, but it really does seem a beautiful place to live.






















Photo by Raceytay - here.

2 comments:

  1. Have you read Anne of Green Gables? It's also based in Canada. Must be lovely!

    ReplyDelete