Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Bezel wire - where have you been all my life?

I broke down and bought some bezel wire. Up until now I have been cutting my own bezel edges out of sterling silver sheet. Don't get me wrong, I appreciated learning how to do that, but ... I think I'm in love.




















The wire is just so easy to use. Here they are with the red creek jasper set in them.




















I've still got a bit of a ways to go setting the corners. I didn't notice until I'd started pushing the edges in that the stones don't lie flat. I get so irritated with myself as just when I start to get one thing right something else crops up that I hadn't paid attention to. These stones are quite small and I think I've found that a little more difficult.

My bezels are not as good as I want them to be. I know it's just practice and it will eventually come, but, I've come to realise that I get very disheartened when I feel that I'm just not getting anywhere. On the one hand I get excited to make more yet on the other hand I feel like giving up. One of the problems I have is finishing. The cleaning and buffing bit. This is getting better for me but I just can't seem to get the look I want consistently. 


Here are some I made where I cut the bezel edge myself





















These ones seem to be better although I did them some time back. It's like one step forward, two steps back. Sigh.


And here is a totally different pair that I made this morning. A little happy pair ...






















wednesday notes:
i worked some more on the painting but i've kind of gone off the boil. i think the disappointment i'm feeling with the jewelry is creeping over to the painting side of the studio.




















but, on a positive note, i'll leave you with a pic of the tomatoes. man they've grown ...





















No comments:

Post a Comment